Kevin Letto, who has held the position of Office Manager for LaForce’s Detroit location since its opening in June 2006, put together the following summary of the past 10 years of accomplishments:
June 2016 marks our 10-year anniversary in the Detroit market! It’s hard to believe that 10 years have passed since we first opened our doors. We have accomplished many milestones along the way, including the introduction of Installation Services, Architectural Services, Small Projects Specialists, and Security Integration.
A quick timeline of our growth and transition details how the Detroit office has evolved over the past decade:
- 2006: Our original facility was short-lived as we quickly outgrew the space. Strong Contract Sales in the first 18 months forced us to look for a bigger facility.
- 2008: In January 2008, we moved into our current location in Troy, which is double the size of our original space. With our Contract Sales group going strong, we introduced Aftermarket Sales representatives and an Installation team to the mix.
- 2010: In late 2010 we introduced Architectural Services to the Detroit market. We work with a strong base of architects which has helped us grow our market and relationships.
- 2013: The final addition to round out our services happened in 2013 when we introduced Security Integration to offer increased technical expertise to this growing part of our business.
- 2016: Our continued growth has allowed us to expand our facility in Troy. We will break ground in early June on an expansion of our warehouse and office. The new space will allow us to grow our staff and handle the additional warehouse requirements of a strong construction market.
Looking back over the years, we can point to several accomplishments that have propelled our growth in Michigan. Various sales successes have solidified many relationships with our customers, while making us a more efficient team. More recent Security Integration accomplishments have lead to our fast growing reputation as a company that can integrate all of our products to meet our customers’ needs.
What can the next 10 years bring? Other areas of focus include: further growth of both Contract and Aftermarket Sales, continued expansion of Security Integration capabilities, Division 10 sales growth, and an efficient expansion of both our hollow metal shop and shipping/receiving capabilities to handle the increased workload.
Only time will tell, but maybe ten years from now we will be discussing another Detroit expansion!
To wish our Detroit team a “congrats” on this milestone, leave a comment on our LinkedIn “Congratulations Detroit” post or tweet this!